Today, we chat with Gina Horkey. Gina has had quite the career journey – she started out working at a financial planning firm, then went out on her own offering freelance writing and eventually moved into offering virtual assistance services and realized her power as a consultant to her clients. Now Gina teaches others how to run a lucrative online business of their own.
IRON SHARPENS IRON
Some things we talk about in this episode:
- Freeing leaders up to do their jobs
- The foundations of thought partnership
- How leaders enhance relationships with their support staff
- Calculating ROI
- Being realistic about opportunity costs
- Bringing guidance and coaching to the table when you’ve advanced in your business
- Thoughtfully communicating with your team when you work remotely
- A small business mindset provides huge value to clients
Questions for Gina:
Q: What are you reading?
A: I read a lot of online content. The most recent book I read was Work Less, Make More.
Q: Who’s your favorite superhero?
A: Wonder Woman
Q: What’s an exciting mission you/your team/your family on now?
- Business wise: honing in on confidence in business and teaching people skills on how to market themselves.
- Family wise: family time in south Texas.
Helpful Links Mentioned:
Thank you so much for tuning in to the BrainSpace Optimized Podcast! Want more?