Today, we're talking with Gloria Chan. She's the co-founder of Recalibrate Studio. Gloria and her team are on a mission to restructure the way we think about stress and the tools we use to fight it. There are so many goodies we learn in this episode from how stress affects us physically to what it does to our decision-making ability. Gloria has some really thoughtful and practical ways of helping us correctly frame and recover from stress.
Some things we discuss in this episode:
- Mindfulness – being able to objectively understand where all your tendencies, impulses, and emotions are rooted.
- Understanding your deep-rooted thought patterns.
- Living in a society that stigmatizes examination of the self.
- Avoiding the prescription of “stewing in cortisol”.
- How to identify physiological and emotional stressors.
- What to do about handling stress.
- Start small and be realistic.
- Schedule time in your day to rest or take a break.
- Identify your physiological and emotional stressors at work and at home.
Questions for Gloria
Q: What are you reading right now?
A: For mindfulness: Wherever you go, there you are
Q: Who is your favorite superhero?
A: A mix between Inspector Gadget and Wonder Woman.
Q: What is your greatest superpower?
Helpful links mentioned:
Thank you so much for tuning in to the BrainSpace Optimized Podcast!