Today, I’m chatting with Luz Donahue. Luz is an accomplished abstract painter and a really accomplished Facebook ads consultant. Two topics, which, on the face of things, seem to be at odds with each other. Today, Luz shares her story of becoming an entrepreneur and how she goes about nourishing both sides of her business: one that requires great analysis and one that requires great levels of creativity.
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.
“I don’t need permission to grow in my career.”
Some things we talk about in this episode:
- Learning how to be happy working even in difficult circumstances
- How Luz found an affinity for analytics
- Batching tasks encourages sustainability
- How our limiting beliefs affect what we believe we’re good at
- Learning to open up your own doors
- You don’t need permission to grow in your career
Tips for finding white space:
- Taking time to prioritize health
- Scheduling time with friends and family
Questions for Luz:
Q: What are you reading?
Q: What’s your superpower?
- Fake – The ability to give myself and others superpowers (and possibly her cat)
- Real – Looking at an object and assessing its proportion relative to another object
Q: What’s an exciting mission you/your team/your family is on now?
- Getting to a sustainable place – finding a place in my art practice and consulting business where things are smooth for longer than they are not
Helpful links mentioned:
Thank you so much for tuning in to the BrainSpace Optimized Podcast! Click here for more episodes.
Don’t forget to grab your free Deep Work tips here.