Today, I’m chatting with minimalist marketing and business coach, Kyla Roma. Kyla specializes in helping creative business owners create marketing plans that don’t make them want to poke their eyes out. We’re talking about marketing that is simple, that you actually like, honoring the rhythms for your current season of life, and how all of this helps you with finding your true north in business.
Some things we talk about in this episode:
- Treating yourself as your first paying client
- How Kyla went from no clients to fully booked in three months
- Giving yourself permission to NOT show up in certain spaces
- Continually refining your business and offerings
- Finding your true north in business
- Vanity metrics: need to haves vs want to haves
- Analyzing how you show up and engage in social networks
- Know where you want to share your message and what you want to say
- Build your business in a way that is “life proof”
- Scheduling time for being in different business modes
Tips for finding white space:
- Take time to do reflection on a regular basis
- Set goals and check in
- Don’t feel like you have to be a part of everything
- Task tracking software
Questions for Kyla:
Q: What are you reading?
Q: What’s your superpower?
- Fake: Flying
- Real: Empathy & Organization
Q: What’s an exciting mission you/your team/your family is on now?
- Business: Help female entrepreneurs take ownership of their marketing and have fun with it! It shouldn’t suck or be something they should avoid. Encouraging them to take care of themselves for sustainability.
- Family: Having fun and continuing our wild journey! And sleep.
Helpful links mentioned:
Thank you so much for tuning in to the BrainSpace Optimized Podcast! Click here for more.
Don’t forget to grab your free Deep Work tips here.