Who do we classify as a leader?
To us, a leader is anyone who's doing these three things:
- They are responsible for organizational level vision and strategy. This person is a part of (or the whole) leadership team and has a say into what happens next for the business.
- They have direct reports/team. This person is responsible for the day to day success of another group of people.
- They are responsible for individual contribution. They have code to deliver, partnership quotas to meet, etc. The idea here is that they are accountable for
regulardelivery of something that they themselves create.
what do leaders gain by investing in a Service Like this?
Great question! There are five critical roles someone in this kind of role should be playing- all of which equals large payouts for leaders:
- Protector of your time. There is always an on-going battle between the need to communicate out regularly, and the need of dedicated “focus
time” to deliver. A good partner will help you look at your commitments and help you decide on the best use of your time.
- Facilitator. While your (and your team's) job is the “how” of making things happen, we can assist you in making sure tasks are starting (and being completed) in a timely manner.
- Flood Gate. Leaders regularly get offers to share their knowledge on a plethora of projects. And because of your innate passion for building awesome things and your dedication to your organization, it's easy to say “yes” to too many things. Part of the job is to help you evaluate each offer and its demands on your energy and focus.
- Troubleshooter. Through reflection, we can help you identify and troubleshoot the things that threaten your teams' success (cynicism, unrealistic scheduling, etc.)
- Mirror. One of the hardest things to do is take objective personal inventory. Part of the job is helping you reflect on the things
you've set out to accomplish and measure your progress on them.
who makes up the bso team?
The BrainSpace Optimized team is comprised of Hailey Thomas (PM, EA), Karen Moore (PM).
How is Brainspace Optimized different from other VA services?
Everyone on our team has worked in driven, fast-paced organizations and have supported a multitude of leaders. We understand the type of work that goes on in your sphere. Furthermore, we spend our free time studying successful leadership, so we're well equipped to partner with you as a leader. (As tech leaders rise in rank, they accumulate responsibilities. More people to supervise, more strategies to plan and an inbox that won't stop growing. It requires growth as a leader for sure!)
how will I be invoiced?
Invoicing happens monthly and will be one flat rate with a 3% processing fee. Invoices can be paid online via credit card or ACH payment.
Who are some of your clients?
In the past year, our client list has included:
- The CEO of a 50 person company with offices in San Francisco and Chicago
- A CTO of an e-learning organization
- The Director of Engineering of a 16 person team
- One nationally recognized consultant
- And two tech-based start-up founders.
How do i know that my business and personal details will be safe?
Part of our onboarding process requires our team to sign an NDA, so everything about you and your business is protected by contract. Additionally, any highly sensitive information like account log-ins or credit card numbers
What are the steps to get started working with you?
First of all – yay to you for making good choices!
If you decide to go forward with us, I will send over my contract. It covers the non-disclosure agreement, the best ways for us to communicate, expectations around invoicing and how our work will be completed. When that document is signed, you'll fill out the preliminary questionnaire and we'll choose a kick-off date/time.