Today, we chat with copywriter and podcast host, Kaleigh Moore. Kaleigh is a freelance writer for eCommerce and SaaS companies and has a ton to share about how she and her freelance business have evolved over the years. In this episode, we talk shop about the day to day implications of being a freelancer, Kaleigh’s advice for crafting a successful freelance career when you’re out on your own, and a few things companies need to keep in mind before hiring on a writer like her.
Some things we discuss in this episode:
- Blogging for clients
- Conversation writing
- Unrealistic expectations about how copy translates
- Utilizing Twitter as your “water cooler”
- Collaborating & connecting with other freelancers
- Building out material takes more time but has a greater ROI
- Rushing the strategy behind content
- Making it a priority to connect with people
- Ask for legitimate feedback
- Focus on learning*
Questions for Kaleigh:
Q: What are you reading?
A: 99% Mine
Q: What’s your superpower?
A: Real – Pre-crastinator
A: Fake – Cutest co-worker named Brooks (Kaleigh’s dog)
Q: What’s an exciting mission you/your team/your family is on now?
A: My husband and I are really focused on minimalism. Being mindful about how we spend our “money votes”.
Helpful links mentioned:
Things you can do for 15 minutes a day to learn something new:
– Listen to a podcast (like this one!)
– Read an article about something related/unrelated to your field
– Make a connection
– Read books related to your field or something else you’re interested in
Thank you so much for tuning in to the BrainSpace Optimized Podcast! Want more?